Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Journal Blog # 4

During the Summer Scholar I had the opportunity to take an English class having as teacher Shila Rocha.
I think that the class is very interesting and let me learn new ways to write about myself. However, I did not learned only about English I also learned about the Native American 's history thanks to Shila that brought two guess speakers to the class. Plus, I got the opportunity to earn college credits.
Shila is really nice and always helped/explained me when I needed. She gave us the time that we needed to get done the work and had the patience to wait if we needed more time.
I really like the way she thought the class when she spoke in Spanish and then repeat it in English so eveyone understand it. Plus, she let us to write the work on our native languege and then in English it does not matter if she did not understand the language.
Also, I think that college 101 and English Study Group were interesting. College 101 helped me to know more about universities and scholarships by the assigments that Maria gave to us.

I want to thanks to all theUNO staff that made possible to me to be part of the Summer Scholars THANK YOU !!!

No comments: